RE: computers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:04:50 -0500

Who owns the newspaper in Bryan. We got a small grant for the Desktop
publishing center I'm using now from Scripps Howard and then $50,000 for the
Fine Art library in the new Museum of Fine Arts Building. They give each
local paper X number of dollars to promote literacy. A project like yours
should be right up their alley. They need people trained on computers to
design ads and layouts. A lot depends on your editor, but ours is a big
support of our museums, actually he is one of the founders. Their employees
are going to work with our kids as we develop the center for teachers to
use.
Kimberly Herbert

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu] On Behalf Of Jackie Aust
Billingsley
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 1999 4:14 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: computers

Hi gang,

I am researching various professional jobs with art backgrounds, etc.
architecture, animation, and so on. I have found that most are using
computers with art background (Art I knowledge). I am in a district where
we
have one computer (yea Mac) for five teachers. I need help from individuals
or organizations on how I can convince my district that in upper levels we
need to incorporate electronic media in curriculum. Our state TEKS even has
it but district does not seem to feel it is important. I have so many ideas
for the use of the media. I feel our student who do want to have careers in
these areas are not getting the background needed. Please help.

Ms. Aust jab1997