re: Self-Portraits

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
holmgren (holmgren)
Sun, 3 Oct 99 19:47:36 +0100

I have done a similar project, where students (I did it with 5th graders)
did self-portraits on tagboard with pencil, then traced over the lines
with white glue. The next art period they used brayers and block
printing ink to make prints. Some of the prints were enhanced with
kpastel, oil pastel, or colored pencils. The print boards were enhanced
with oil pastels. They turned out really neat. We looked at Fauvist
self-portraits as inspiration.

Mary H.