Fwd: lesson ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Iteachart7
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 22:41:25 EDT

--part1_5a6eb489.2526cad5_boundary

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:32:17 +0000
From: audrey <audreyb>
To: Iteachart7
Subject: Re: lesson ideas

This is really scary! and i thought we had it bad in california. First of all,

how about a 3 part unit on cubism?? use the paper and color pencils for
self portraits, then the tissue paper , color pencils and newspaper for
Picasso/
Braque kind of effects , then use the faded construction paper and oil
pastels to turn the realistic self- portrait into a cubist face.
kids really like it. Some things to checklist- for cubism 1. divide objects-one
side angular
2. reduce hue , limit number of colors used.3. Fragment the background and
use value 4.Useblack or white heavy outlines 5. Use lots of "special
effects"patterns,
letterforms, etc
I didn't invent this , i think i got it from the NAEA convention in San
Francisco,
or one of our CAEA conventions. Do you have a state art asscociation??
Now, while those kids are busy on that project , start building your program.
CALL local businesses for donations of cash or supplies (Walmart?).Use the
INTERNET
for grant money. Call those parents and have a fundraiser or have them start a
school wide parents' art support system.

Can you ask the kids for materials fees or donations? If you are in a really
low
income area then , don't . Although my school is pretty low income and the kids
are thrilled to have their own art supplies.

Finally...put up lots of art at your district office, have art presentations for

the board of education, put up a show at the local library and call the local
newspaper.....then ask the district to increase your budget!!!!!

--part1_5a6eb489.2526cad5_boundary--