Re: set display

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:50:09 -0500

Be very careful in spray painting foam board. I did it when student
teaching (in my basement) to create printing plates. I put stencils
over the sheet of foam and sprayed to eat into the exposed areas.
It worked and the prints were beautiful, but the fumes laid me up
sick for a week. Do it, if at all in a "well ventilated" area, and never
around students.
Woody in KC

Rich Stephen J Contr ACC/CEVP wrote:
> Yeah, isn't that weird? It's been my experience too that foam board and
> spray paint make a gooey mess. That was a while ago though - I don't
> remember how much spray paint was needed to dissolve the board completely.
> Couldn't this person use the spray paint sparingly, as her carving tool? It
> might give her the rock effect or organic look she mentioned. It would save
> a lot of time if it worked as she could combine the carving/painting
> process.
> If not, well, use an airbrush. It's what I've been using to make my rocks
> and they've turned out nice.
> Steve in VA

the new URL for school is
                                        to contact me via E-mail