Re: ID OSU, Animal rights

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jason & Amy Metcalfe (jamet)
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:06:54 -0600

Hello Nicole!

on combining animal rights in an art education curriculum. In a web
search I found the home page for PETA (http://www.envirolink.org, People
for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and there was a section that
focused specifically on visual artists who created art dealing with
animals and their humane treatment. Interestingly, there were also
numerous web sites for Circuses that came up during my initial search.
That brought up some interesting ideas because the Circus seemed to be
quite ironic for the idea of animal rights. It would be interesting to
look into any scandals regarding circus treatment of animals and compare
that with, say, the art of Koko, the painting guerrilla. It might also
be interesting also to compare Koko's art to other art (created by
humans) and ask a variety of aesthetic questions about it.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Jason Metcalfe
jamet

Nicole wrote:

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:35:56 -0400
From: nicole rickard <rickard.11>
Subject: ID:OSU

Hi, I am a future art educator looking for some information about using
animal rights as part of a lesson plan idea, does anyone have any
helpful information about my subject. I would like to find some artists
that use this topic, of animal rights as part of their artwork. I can
be reached at rickard.11
Thanks, Nicole Rickard.