Re: Beauty

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:09:34 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, marcia m eaton wrote:

> But aren't there people who describe boxing as beautiful.
I sit (at my laptop) corrected! You are right - thoughI personally don't
agree, there are people who find boxing beautiful, and maybe even some of
those scary, violent movies.

> Which raises another issue: how can I understand why
> someone would say something is beautiful that I find disgusting?
I guess that's why I overlooked the boxing part.

> Is that why we have so few public projects
> now?
Well, during the New Deal the government, through the WPA, funded many
public projects including a lot of art.

--Carla