Re: Highly gifted schools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:18:15 -0500 (EST)

I have to take time to respond. It saddens me to hear people send messages
to others that are mean. I think there must be room for all teachers and
sometimes circumstances take us in a different way. I'm fortunate to work
in a suburban school where most of the students are respectful, kind and
pleasant. Not everyone has been as lucky, but both those who work with the
very poorest and those who work with the very blessed in ways need our
support. My mother who just died on Friday just a few weeks shy of her
90th birthday was a poet who had to deal with some meanness because she
was writing poetry in a time when housewifeism was most lauded. She,
however, continued for many years and had some recognition. Maybe this
thread has already ended and because of my sadness I wasn't at the
computer for awhile so if that's the case, I'm sorry but I had to speak
up. I've always enjoyed messages from both CArla and Bluestruth as having
something meaningful. Fran