Re: Holiday art projects

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:40:05 -0500

Hi Roxanne--
At the K-5 level, I can count on one thumb the number of holiday projects
I've done in the last 10 years. I'm not a scrooge, but I guess I value the
"regular" curriculum more than doing something that the kids probably get
enough of in their homerooms anyway. And there are always a few kids that
don't celebrate or value the holiday and I don't want anyone to feel
alienated. I do, however, tell the kids that they can use art supplies (on
a limited basis) to create something on their own time related to their own
interests if they wish (but I'm blessed with a financially supportive
budget!)
Liz in rural NY

> From: Roxanne Olveda <foxyroxy94>

regarding the creation of art for