Re: No Time for Rubrics / grading

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:11:28 -0500

Dear Sandy --
Sounds like you are doing a great job with grading! You shouldn't be
beating yourself up -- are you required to grade everything by the
administration/ district or is it your own choice? I personally wish
elementary art didn't have to be graded -- especially under 3rd grade. But
I've modified the grading process for myself -- I only grade 4 or 5
projects a year for 2nd thru 5th grade, basing the grades on skills and
following the assignment (similar to what you list on the board, probably).
The K and 1 levels just get Satisfactory or Not on their report cards, so
I usually give everybody an S at that level. Elem is really different from
the upper levels, isn't it? (I love it!) You have 32 in a class?? Yikes!
Liz in rural NY

> From: Sandra Poos <klpoos>

. Would like to hear from my other fellow ELEMENTARY Art