Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
For our project we have chosen to work with the idea of adaptation to nature,
encompassing natural materials, surroundings/location and time. Using Andy
Goldsworthy's works, we are attempting to show that art created with materials
found at the site can honor nature and provide connections, both permanent and
1. Ballet Atlantique is a performance piece using people who then throw long
sticks into the air, creating a floating sculpture that lasts only a few
2. Sweet chestnut green horn is a horn fashioned from chestnut leaves sewn
together with grass. It is a small piece resembling a cornucopia placed under
the chestnut tree.
3. Red Sand from Stone is another performance piece using red sand ground
from stone that is then released into the wind, flying red dust disappearing
into the landscape from which it came.
4. Ends of Bamboo is a sculpture erected with symmetry, creating thin
delicate connections with large amounts of negative space.
5. Iris Blades and Rowan Berries is a sculpture that uses iris blades to cris
cross over one another forming an odd checker board effect with bright spots
of red color where the rowan berries have been placed in organized piles.