Fwd: cultural diversity and art historically?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Museee
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:06:05 EST

--part0_909522366_boundary

Someone pointed out the following to me in reply to my question. After
reading it I realized that perhaps my question was misunderstood, so I wrote
this reply to clarify what I was getting at and hoping others might have a
comment now that I have made my question clearer. Thanks!
Susan

A member replied to my question:
My take on this is: in the arts, it is the quality of the work which matters,
not the person who creates it. I would also add that the arts address human
concerns and emotions, which are not restricted to any one segment of society,
but are universal.

In order to clarify my question I wrote: (hope this helps)
Perhaps I didn't speak clearly. I was not referring to who creates the art, I
was referring to the art itself, representing cultural diversity as well as
being miles ahead of other disciplines in doing so. I didn't mean an african
creating african art, or an english person creating english art etc........
What I meant was anyone creating art that shows cultural diverisity whether
realisticly or symbolically. Perhaps I need to rephrase the question to the
list members?

Susan

--part0_909522366_boundary