Re: beauty

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:46:04 -0800 (PST)

Our 20th century culture does not consider violence beautiful, yet we have
many beautiful or moving monuments to war (in our case to remember those
who died). The Romans perhaps considered the victories in the military
campaigns important and therefore felt it appropriate to honor those who
achieved those political goals, without feeling that killing itself if
wonderful. Of course, that is somewhat contradicted by the games in the
Coliseum...!
--Carla

Carla Schiller, Esq.
Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School, CA
e-mail: charwitt.us
"We all make the best choices from among those we see, but we don't always
see all the choices available." --Author unknown