Re: more quotes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Danielle Nicole Dubins (bluehour)
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:38:38 -0500

Do any of you know of any web sights that have famous quotes about what art
is?

Danielle

At 10:55 AM 26/10/98 +0800, you wrote:

>some useful quotations to ponder on
>
>ARt is I;Science is We.
> claude bernard
>
>Life without industry is guilt, and industry without art is brutality.
> -john ruskin
>
>Art takes nature as its model.
> -aristotle
>
>If the artist sees nothing within hhim, then he should also refrain from
>painting what he sees before hiim.
> -caspar david friedrich
>
>Art is not the bread, but the wine of life.
> -John paul richter
>
>All art is but imitation of nature.
> -seneca
>
>The aim off art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but
>their inward significance.
>
> -aristotle
>
>A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.
> - michaelangelo

Join me for a cup of tea on my NEW WEB PAGE! Updated August 30th 1998
Danielle's Knitting Frenzie!
http://www.execulink.com/~wgardner/enter.htm

Or fly by Bill's Star Wars Page
http://www.execulink.com/~wgardner/swpage2.htm