Re: wow

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus (lhb.edu)
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:35:52 -0600

I see a difference between an illustrator and an artist. Mike you are also
a business man. some people don't have that skill. (Thank God.) Some
people have an inherent drive to create art. I personally find value in
that. Our tax dollars have gone to support a war in the gulf to keep us
running with oil. I have no problem spending some of that money on the
arts, let alone educating our children. I also want to point out that
Vincent Van Gogh sold one painting in his life time and died in poverty.
Maybe that's not relevant or maybe it is. My problem with NEA is the
decision making on who and what gets the money. However, that is how it is
in big governments. The little guy always gets lost. I would like to see
distribution at more of a grass roots level.
Retta