Re: paint stains

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 06:03:03 -0800

MALOSHD wrote:

> I am having serious complaints about paint
> not coming out of students clothes.....I've been real relaxed about it until
> I got a big splat of red across the butt of a favorite pair of
> pants....anyway...does anyone here know of a good remedy for paint stains?
> Does liquid starch work? I use Nasco tempera....does anyone know of a good
> student quality tempera that washes out?

Dawn,

My HS students, who use acrylic, don't think it's cool to wear the aprons
I've provided until they drop a brush in their laps. I _live_ in one. A
great product that works on a lot of stains is called Kiss Off; it'll get
most of the paint out if you follow the directions and get to it when
it's still fresh. It'll even diminish India ink drips.

I can't remember what age you teach, but a good supply of aprons or, for
little ones, big shirts helps a lot.

Maggie