Art Evaluation Criteria Sheet
As you look at the work ask yourself the following questions.
1. How well does the work deal with the assignment in terms of execution
2. How harmonious is the choice of colour in the painting (print)? - is
important in the work or has the artist tried to create an effect by not
using harmonious colours?
3. Is the work understandable? and is this important or not important?
4. What is the most notable feature about this work of art? Is this
feature a good thing or is it a problem?
5. Does the painting (print) look finished? If the painting doesn't look
finished why? Is it something that the artist could have fixed?
6. Has the artist just 'done the assiignment' or has he/she tried to put
his/her interpretations into the painting?
Is this a problem or does it make the work better?
5 - exceptional
0- insufficient incomplete/not submitted