Grading art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 18:37:12 -0500

AViles5631 wrote:

> Grading in art has to be an art form in and of itself. The mechanics of how I
> do it has to be taught to the children as well.

> Amy and all,

This thread ( grading) has probably been addressed at some point. Sorry, I must
have missed it or was in la-la land. Probably the latter. Anyhow I grade very
similar to Amy with the addition of rubrics or guide sheets for the students to
check things as they go through the lessons.
Still in the back of my mind I wonder if I'm missing something or if they is a
better way. Grading was the one area I felt I needed more information on when I
started teaching. Even though I 've been at this for some years I feel I'm still
looking for the perfect method of grading.
What do most of you use- point systems, letter grades, percentages, symbols?
How do you handle due dates?
How do you modify grades for special ed. students ?
I'm just curious to what some of you are doing.

Remember just delete if you've been here, done that and just don't want to go
there again-LOL

MaryB