Re: Not Enough Time for 1st and 2nd

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:32:13 -0400

Sandy --
I can surely relate to your situation!! I have found that what sometimes
helps is asking the administration for help in solving the problem -- if
you ask your principal to sit in on a few classes to see exactly what you
do (and how well you do it with the limitations you have) and discuss your
overall goals, she can't help but appreciate the value of your program.
Then hopefully some real problem solving can happen. Instead of a short
class once a week (or whatever), would it be possible to offer a longer
class every other week? (Oh, whoops, this brings us back to the discussion
of super long classes for wee ones -- not good!) Good luck
Liz in rural NY

> From: Sandra Poos <klpoos>
>

>This is Art on a Cart.
> Last year I was given 40 minutes with 1st and 2nd grades. This year they
> gave me 30 minutes with 1st and 2nd grades.

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!
There is one art teacher
> who has senority over me and just has the kids color in coloring pages
> and he THINKS that 30 minutes is enough. I can't agree.

  • Reply: teekart: "Re: Re: Not Enough Time for 1st and 2nd"