Re: How to consider a child is talented in art?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
skc (skc203)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

I like the way that you handle a situation like this when grading your
students' performance. It seems fair to all of students when you set
up the rubrics. one more question:
You seemingly believe that students can't control over having or not
having talent. Do you believe that creating art requires talent? If
you do, what makes you believe a child as an "art talented"?

---RWilk85411 wrote:
> First of all I teach art. Not talent. My lessons are about design
> history, criticism, philosphy, etc. The rubrics are written to
standards for
> learning those things. Their work is scored by the rubrics. The
students who
> receive the highes scores are those who worked to meet the highest
> I do not grade students on their talent. They can control their
learning but
> they have no control over having or not having talent. Grading
students on
> their talent would be rediculous.
> Reatha

Get your free address at