Forum Discussion AND Bombardment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 23:38:54 -0400

I guess I felt it was too much too soon. Sorta like eating all the
Halloween candy on Halloween night. I definitely forgot or didn't
read the original post from their professor preparing for their
"Landing", but it was still an incredible amount and I think maybe
he should have gone over with them first- Splitting into groups or
posting so many a day etc. Also how to verbalize the information
needed without sounding as though this is it- help me. I don't mean
to group them in one lump. In general it turned me off, because it
felt as though there was a private forum on our road(which I know we
share), but use a turn signal please>Caution> True we share the list
and I'm all for helping out, but they should realize we have jobs
and lives and kids too. Obviously it felt like a split phone line.
If you had a certain prefix you would be joined to them. I don't
know if this is something Getty set up or was left to the 3 schools.
I don't know whether they asked any of us or even need to. Seems as
though getty should add another list which would link schools across
the country together for a forum type discussion. Art Educators(and
I'll say artist too since technically I'm not a certified teacher)
could join in and discuss with students, not give answers but
experience and maybe even they could request a few scholars or
artists to be guests.
What Ya Think?
Sandra

--