Re: Halloween, Help

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus (lhb.edu)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 06:39:01 -0500

So many teachers want pumpkins. I do a value thing with 1st and 2nd
graders where we paint a sheet of paper with orange and add white and paint
more then add white and so on and so on until the paper is covered with
different values of orange. The next class we cut out a pumpkin shape draw
a face with different geometric shapes add a stem and they have their
pumpkin and I covered value and shape stuff.

I have six sets of tables with 4 kids each at tables they take turns
stirring as I add white to their paint cup. Careful it's easy to add too
much paint and then be stuck with a ton of a sort of peach color.

Retta

At 09:24 PM 10/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone have some new ideas for Halloween that aren't morbid, sick or
witchy? May say some pumpkin ideas, creating an environment that is cool
but not sicko?