Re: Mark Kistler's Draw Squad

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Laurann65
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:31:19 EDT

I found 3 used Draw Squad videos at a video store, I bought them cheap hoping
they would be something I could use... the kids LOVE them (I've used them
mostly with 4th grade). Do you know how many videos he has made and where one
could purchase them?
:) Laura Allan

In a message dated 10/21/98 6:12:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
b2w6w4kn writes:

<< >....(snip)..... I would even say that many lousy teachers hide
>behind their certification.

This is true in ALL areas of certification.

>My absolute favorite show for art instruction - and an approach I've
>actually used for adults - was Mark Kistler's Draw Squad. He took definite
>concepts - shapes, foreshortening, overlapping, etc - and gave the kids
>specific drawing exercises. Children love to actually learn HOW to do
>something, and this concept of providing concrete infoprmation has been
>quite absent in most art programs for children that I've been familiar
>with.

I agree with you about Mark Kistler's Draw Squad. I teach middle school and
this is the way I start each of my 6th grade classes when they first come to
me each nine weeks. And believe, after just a few days using these "warmup
exercises", they are "hooked on drawing".

Carolyn Roberts
E. B. Frink Middle School
Kinston, NC >>