Re: Art work suffering because you have to earn a paycheck

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Pat Bainbridge (pat_bainbridge)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:33:46 PDT

I am a mom also of 2-one is a very messy teenager! I too, love teaching
art -but consider my self an artist ..not much time for art these days
but I have found I need to do a good job whereever I am at the moment
I'm there! one day at a time. I also have a small horse farm, study
classical riding and show dressage...My husband is happily ignored so he
can play on the computer as long as he wants...Finding balance is whats
imp. when I was in college I thought art was my God /Now I thank god for
the energy to do everything need to do This young person probably needs
to lighten up( I must add I cook infrequently, clean once a week at best
, and rarely do anything i don't want to do ) No time!-good luck-not
every one is cut out to teach kids -some are better with geriatrics,
adult programs, there is so much to do you oght to do what you enjoy.

>From Wed Oct 21 09:38:55 1998
>Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:31:02 -0400
>From: John & Sandra Barrick <astroboy>
>To: Maahmaah
>Subject: Re: Art work suffering because you have to earn a paycheck
>I don't find art or painting getting in the way by teaching, I feel
>much more that being a Mom is sometimes so overwhelming by the
>constant 24 hours that I don't get to paint etc. Well I love the
>kids but can't wait for their bedtime!! Then it's my time!
>Maahmaah wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Please pursue your career as an artist. If you need extra cash you
can always
>> wait tables. That would probably be a better choice for you than
being a
>> teacher. If my kids were in your classroom and I heard you felt the
way you
>> do, I would pull them out in a heartbeat.

Get Your Private, Free Email at