Re: Assignment request overload!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Susan Montgomery (smontgomery.us)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:03:30 -0500

John & Sandra Barrick wrote:

> My question is did some professor just hand out this address and ask
> the students to do a project via artednets experience or what? The
> last 10 posts I read had to do with please help me with my project
> or I'm doing an assigment on Blah and need your help,send all
> information here. What is the deal? Once in awhile it's okay and I
> don't mind giving out web addresses, but really I should be
> certified by now from all their requests for asssignments.

I agree with some of what you just said, but it still made me laugh out
loud. (I have this mental picture of a classroom full of college kids
running to their computers and typing as fast and as furious as their
little hands could go.) Have y'all read everything they are
researching? Talk about some tough stuff. I don't know about everyone
else, but I would be hard pressed to come up with a lot of information
on their topics without resorting to this list serve. All in all, I am
daily impressed by the sheer quantity of knowledge that graces this
computer screen from ArtsEdNet. So I don't blame them much... where
else are you going to find a collective place where people hang that
could easily help them?

susan