Re: Gifted

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus (lhb.edu)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:05:04 -0500

Charlotte,
I also work in a very low income inner city school. And yes my "poor
little rich girl" comment did overlook those low income "labeled gifted
kids". And I apologize. I work with low income gifted kids in my art
classes who are not "labeled" gifted because they do not test for gifted in
the "arts". But I know they are gifted because they are motivated and excel
in whatever they do in my class. So those "little rich" kids I am
referring to are the ones with the label who are complaining about being
bored. When I believe a gifted kid is a motivated kid who will excel with
or without the label. I have seen it done many times to my "unlabeled
gifted kids."