Re: gifted info

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:28:07 -0400

Well when I think of creativity I think it would have to be measured
with a flexible curve, for to measure with a straight line would be
to see in a straight line. I am not in the debate of which is gifted
nor not gifted, but an IQ is measurements and numbers, all with
environmental factors playing their part and the hand dealt at which
time. On behalf of every C student out there, I am sorry to see that
people who are labeled, gifted or not, are not equal.
Sandra
P.S. I do believe everyone could use art in their life,especially
those more brainy. I mean would Bill Gates be such a nerd if he'd
loosen up and take a few (life) drawing classes. Tee Hee
(Sorry Billy!) Please don't squash me like a prune, no really ,Yeah
that's the ticket!
Ellyn Wenk wrote:

> !
> The highly gifted student (160 IQ and above) is not to be laughed at ,
> one is
> comparable to the profoundly retarded or trainable student at the other
> end of the spectrum. Gifted (130-160 IQ) you could compare to
> Cognitively Delayed
> and the slightly gifted (120 IQ) you could compare to the LD, ADHD and
> ED .

Sandra Barrick
astroboy
http://home.fuse.net/astroboy