Re: Grading Elementary Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:50:13 -0500

Hi,
I'm not crazy about the fact that I have to grade my middle school students
with letter grades, but that is how it works at our school. So to give every
student the opportunity to do show they can do well in class, I give
opportunities other that art projects for student to show learning. Students
also get graded on art reports, tests and journaling. Some of my less artistic
students are thrilled when they can get an A in art for written work when they
know they have a harder time with the skills. I think it helps balance out
their grade and gives them more enthusiasm for art.
MaryB