Re: is this what the groups attitude is?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:22:55 -0500

My first reaction to the response you got in your posting was- Whoaaa, someone
sure has their nose up in the air. How can someone say "no offense" then follow
up with a comment like they did? I will echo the response of many of my fellow
artsedneters by saying don't let one person's view contaminate all of us. We are
quite a giving group who are willing to share ideas and opinions- usually many
good ones!
I laugh at the comment about he/ she having to take pesky art methods courses.
Apparently that person did not go to a good college or university. I felt I
learned alot and had fun doing it
( methods courses) at my school.

Anyhow, this person probably wrote what they did because they feel threatened.
There is concern out there about schools using certified teachers, since the start
of charter schools. But I'm glad to see that the kids are getting an art
education versus nothing or letting the regular class teacher trying to squeeze it
in.
MaryB