Re: wax leaves

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissa Chaney (meemo)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:50:05 -0500

--------------297F3E7BB9FA37781A897975

I know this is off the subject, but once during my art club I had kids brush the
back side of leaves with bleach. We then pressed them onto construction paper.
A leaf makes a beautiful print. I warn them of all the dangers of bleach first.
I wouldn't suggest doing this with a rowdy group. When they were dry we added to
our creations with colored pencils.

Gail1611 wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> The 4 and 5 th grades are studying leaves. There are so many beautiful colors
> and mixtures. I would love to do a colored pencil or water color study on
> them. But pressing the leaves dulls the colors. Has anyone dipped them in wax
> and if so what directions would you give? Also I've heard of using glycerin-
> but how? Any thoughts would be great. Have a nice fall. Gail

--------------297F3E7BB9FA37781A897975

begin: vcard
fn: Melissa Chaney
n: Chaney;Melissa