Fwd: fw: do it now, please

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
LilianBobo
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 23:59:17 EDT

--part0_908683158_boundary

Date: 16 Oct 98 20:41:51 EDT
From: Susan Briggs <susanbriggs>
To: Ellen DeRosia <hoderosia>,
Whisper Gregory <andrusiak>,
Wendy Sample <samplew.us>, Cathy Semer <cathy>,
Jill Kind <kindjill>,
John and Amy Briggs <ajbriggs>,
Louise Lutton <lutton.us>,
Marilyn Forger <maforger>,
Melinda Uerling <muerling>,
Monica at Fordson <Jhlmml>,
Nancy Groenhof <nknice>,
Nomi Joyrich <njoyrich.wa.us>,
Susan Bartman <lilianbobo>, Susan Drew <sldrew>,
Susan Whitlock <whitlock>
Subject: fw: do it now, please

As you may be aware, the U.S. Postal Service recently released its new
"Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast cancer research.
The stamp was designed by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland. It is
important that we take a stand and show our outrage against this
disease that kills and maims so many of our mothers, sisters, friends.
Instead of the normal $.32 for a stamp, this one costs $.40. The
additional $.08 will go to breast cancer research. If all stamps are
sold, it will raise an additional $16,000,000 for this vital research.
Just as important as the money is our support.

What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the lottery this
week or outsold tickets to Saving Private Ryan this weekend. What a
statement it would make that we care. I urge each of you to do two
things TODAY. Not tomorrow ... but today.

1. Go out and purchase some of these stamps.
2. E-mail your friends to do the same.

A "regular" stamp book costs $6.40. This one is only $8.00. It takes two
minutes in line at the Post Office and means so much. Many of us know
others
who are affected by breast cancer. It takes so little to do so much.
Please help....do it now!
Thanks so much!!

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com -------------------- --part0_908683158_boundary--