Re: Calder exhibit...a funny thing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:29:18 -0400

John & Sandra Barrick wrote:

> I haven't seen this exhibit. But isn't it really like viewing a dead
> body.

Not at all. The works are fun, interesting--beautiful works from a very
fertile mind. There's a video of Calder--a performance of his Circus
that he did in France for his artist friends and is quite wonderful. At
one point he hid a few espresso beans in his hand, and as he moved the
lion along, the lion pooped! Great sense of humor! And please don't
blow on the works, nor kiss the Mona Lisa on the lips! But you could
ask *The Thinker* what's on his mind.

Best wishes,
Joseph