Re: Calder exhibit...a funny thing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:04:06 -0400

I haven't seen this exhibit. But isn't it really like viewing a dead
body. Sorta a Calder without life. I agree about the showing too
much of a tease. Maybe they could have a video running of Calder
using these sculptures. You know in the video some of them worked or
he moved if I remember correctly. Was it like "I Spy"(no not Culp
and Crosby) I mean did they video everyone blowing the ojects on
display. If they can't find calder moving the pieces then they could
have a digital effects artist(like my husband-HINT EXHIBITOR!)
animate the objects and run the loop of that for each piece, for
viewers.
Sandra