Re: art videos

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:50:46 -0700

Pamela W. Lackey wrote:

<snip>
> $89.95 for 30
> minutes? Where and how can we complain about the rediculously inflated
> costs of these videos? Who has money in their budget for it after bying
> supplies?

FWIW, our librarian always asks the teachers for suggestions at the
end of the school year for books and videos for the school's collection.
We've got quite a nice collection of art books, slides, and videos, now.

Personally, I'd rather have slide sets than videos. The slides are much
more versatile, and the image quality is much better.

One video that always engages my HS students is called "Masters of
Illusion," about how Brunelleschi developed linear perspective and how
artists after him--including special effects artists--have used it since.

Maggie