Re: food and art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Karen Hurt (khurt)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:50:26 -0400

Vibeke Thomsgaard wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm doing research on the relations between food and art. Has anyone got
> any thoughts on this subject?
> - artists using food as an art medium

Here's a reference you might not know about -- Lautrec and Maurice Joyant
wrote a book which he illustrated called the "Art of Cuisine" -- it's been
translated and reprinted many times. The illustrations are wonderful.

What about Archimboldo's portraits?? Talk about a scary use of food as a
theme --

--
Karen Hurt

Grafton Library Mary Baldwin College Staunton, Virginia 24401

540.887.7085 khurt