Clay dough/ foil guy animals

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Henneborn (heneborn)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:01:39 -0600

Lilly,

(Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:02:50 -0500
From: "Lily Kerns" <cwkerns>
Subject: Re: Stumped on clay order==My preference would be the
glue/bread dough, at least if you are satisfied
with making fairly small items--I haven't used it for larger things. It
dries very hard and seems to be very durable.)

Interesting CLAY DOUGH!!! I MIXED IT UP AND MIXED AND MIXED AND MADE
SOME MESS INSIDE THE BAG! It took so long that I thought I had done
something wrong. I must give up and throw it out! (I have a short
attention span!) Just then the phone rang and while I was distracted
with the conversation I kept kneading the dough in the bag.
When I hung up, I realized that the dough was in a ball and the bag was
completely clean. I have a little Gingerbread person sculpted and
sitting by my computer. We are wondering how long before she will be
dry and ready to go out and play.
What will happen if I introduce her to the foil guy sitting on top of
the computer!
*** I think I will put your directions into the parent newsletter and
let the parents have the fun of mixing the dough!

Speaking of FOIL GUY!!! HE HAS MADE ANOTHER EVOLUTION!!! I introduced
Foil Guy to a young friend who is 10. He is always interested in what I
am doing with my students and I knew his mother would have foil around.
I showed him how to fold to estimate 3rds horizontally and 3rds
vertically- cutting 3 parts for the head and 2 arms, but cutting only
1/2 for the 2 legs. He had a good time making a tribe of jungle men
swinging from his mother's plants. To my surprise he began cutting 3rds
each time which gave him 2 arms and a head on top and 2 legs and a TAIL
at the bottom! Now the foil guys are joined by monkeys and sloths! I
am so easy to entertain!!!

Sharon Henneborn