Re: Melted crayons- Health hazards

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 07:29:26 -0400

Maggie White wrote:

> Another caveat: Never melt wax over direct heat. I place an old metal
> roasting pan over the two hot-plate burners, half-filled it with hot
> water, and placed a muffin tin with the crayons and a small pan of batik
> wax in it.

Still too dangerous for kids. Get an inexpensive crock pot--KMart or a
store like that ($10)--melt the crayons on the High setting, then keep
them liquid on Low. These pots were meant to be operated for hours at a
time, won't accidentally tip, and are the safest way to handle hot
liquids.

Best wishes,
Joseph