Re: All steamed up!!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 14:09:21 -0500

HI Sara and all,
As upset as you and some of us probably are that someone out there has such
a narrow view of art education, there isn't much you can do to change his
mind. He sounds pretty set in his ancient view of art. There are others
out their like him. The best thing I think any good art educator can do is
start at the beginning.. I mean the children. As they learn in schools the
many sides to art , hopefully they will grow up to be adults with a well
rounded view of art. Hopefully someday they will pass that love of art down
to their children. We all are products of our experiences. This guy might
of had a poor art education and hence his narrow view. So instead of trying
to change his mind, just keep giving your students a comprehensive art
education.

MaryB

Sara Gustafson wrote:

> He obviously received many uninspired hours of "art in the dark" type
> art history- if at all. I should post his e-mail and sic all 900 of you
> on him, but I don't want to get nasty! I want to make him UNDERSTAND!!
>
> Frustrated in NC....Sara

  • Reply: Mrsbeeswax: "Anyone heard of Schoolart (not SchoolArts magazine)"