reasons for masks in the U.S.......

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 08:53:17 -0700

Reatha wrote:
>....Even discuss how masks are used in our>present culture, i.e.,
>halloween, costume parties,bank robbing.(tongue in>cheek) Even explore
>psychological/mental masks with older students.
**********************

Hi friends....I'd like to continue this thread of thought (from Reatha)
with you. My mask unit is coming up later this fall. I have a thousand
reasons for masks from other countries (well, almost) but I'd like to pick
everybody's brain on reasons for 'em in the good ole US of A. Here's what
I've got...added on to Reatha's thoughts. Do you have anything else?

KINDS OF MASKS:
oxygen/gas surgical bandage
Halloween beards dust
costume parties robbery ski
hockey baseball football
makeup eyeglasses/wigs Klu Klux Klan
fencing beauty masks sleeping/eye/headache
drama/character

REASONS FOR:
protection alter appearance hide
entertainment sports religion
health weather adornment
beauty

What can you find that I have left out? Thanks for any responses....Toodles

Bunki Kramer - Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Rd., Danville, California 94526
bkramer.ca.us...(sch)925-552-5620