PBS Picasso

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ckart (ckupcin)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 19:31:34 -0500

Anne, you wrote:

> What was the program like specifically? I don't care for Picasso's
>attititude about women but I'm fascinated by any program about him.

I found it interesting because they highlighted his career through the
relationships he'd had. I say interesting because the program would
frequently superimpose one of his portrait paintings of a woman over the
actual photo (of mistress/wife), then do a fade out, as the narrative
continued.

These initial paintings were ususally flattering (to the then current
mistress/wife). How the paintings changed towards the end of the affair!
It was this contrast that was most poignant -- his most natable works
appeared to have been created during the latter. Brutal, demeaning,
disturbing.

>Ever see Surviving Picasso? No, but I'm glad to hear someone did!

Cheryl