Fwd: A&E.A

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
HyDeJoF
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:20:29 EDT

--part0_907806028_boundary

Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 09:25:18 -0800
From: ArtsEdNet <ARTSEDNET>
To: HyDeJoF
Cc: egarber
Subject: Re: A&E.A

Thank you for contacting ArtsEdNet.
http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/

We assume you meant to send the message (below) to ArtsEdNet Talk, our on-line
discussion group that takes place over e-mail. You have sent your message to
artsednet which is our Web site's correspondence email box.

Messages that you would like to be posted to ArtsEdNet Talk should be sent to
artsednet. Please resend your message to this address.

If you are not already a subscriber to this list and would like to
participate, here are the instructions:
1. Send an e-mail message to: artsednet-request
2. In the body of the message put: subscribe

A confirmation message will be sent to you with instructions on how to use the
listserve.

>>> <HyDeJoF> 10/01 10:22 PM >>>
in resonse to lesson by Mary Sheridan at Pinkerton Elementary School

What intrigued me about this lesson is that the students got to incorporate
their art project with working with artists from around the world. This must
have been a great experience for them to learn about other cultures.

The students learned about life-centered issues by showing them that concerns
for the environment are real and shared across the world and generations. The
students learned about ecology in their saving the wetland unit. They learned
about art by creating the ceramic tiles and decorative containers.

For my own classroom, I could make adaptations by using the endangered owl in
the Tucson area as the subject matter since that is an issue here dealing with
ecology.

I could integrate this lesson in teaching science by giving information on
this type of owl and how they are endangered.

H. Faith
Are 496h - UofAz

--part0_907806028_boundary--