A&E.A (fwd)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharolyn Benfell (benfell)
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:15:47 -0700 (MST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:38:39 -0700 (MST)
From: Sharolyn Benfell <benfell>
To: artsednet
Cc: benfell,
egarber
Subject: A&E.A

ecology, the natural in this area is mural work. This is particularly a
natural here because the large Hispanic population gives us a
tradition of mural work, and because of the presence of our incredible,
unique, exceptionally fragile environment.
Ecological issues are argued in the city council here. Since the
area is exploding in terms of population, attempts are usually made to
find some balance between the expansion of the city and the need to
protect this environment. Another major issue is water. We are sucking
the aquafer dry and using water from the Colorado River. There is
considerable concern about water and I'm not confident that solving that
particular issue is moving along satisfactorily.