Re: What is art,RE: Picasso, Frida

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 18:19:56 -0400

Robert et al,
I did not use the word whimpy!!! That was Retta-Read the post
again!!!
When people reply please make sure you are talking to the right
person you have objections with,especially when you are replying to
someone privately. I replied to Retta's quote! I do not use the word
Whimpy in my vocabulary but I do not object to other's using it.
Also I've been getting private emails disagreeing with emails that I
never sent, so please make sure you are reading the correct quotes
from the correct people. O'keffe doesn't offend me I'm just not fond
of the work personnaly that would never keep me from teaching a
class on her though as the images and subject matter can be used in
a variety of ways.
Sandra

Robert Nickelson wrote:

> Astrogirl,
> I am not what one might call a feminist -- I mean I respect women
> -- and I do think a woman should be able to make choices -- but I
> am a man and without reading any of the feminists views into the
> images of Georgia O'Keeffe -- I have a great admiration of Georgia
> O'Keeffe's art works -- and whimpy does not seem to match --
> sensitive, inward, organic, absorbed, and feminine -- but not whimpy --
> I do not view women as whimpy -- as a man with 5 daughters and no
> sons -- my women are somewhat buff -- who do you think I get to do
> the chores each day? Well, OK, I do have 2 daughters who you might
> call lazy -- but whimpy?

astroboy
http://home.fuse.net/astroboy