What is art,RE: Picasso, Frida

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 14:59:15 -0400

Well it's good to know another person doesn't fall over themselves
about her. I'm another one who's never truly loved her work, it's
okay and I admire her lifestyle and especially the time in which she
was doing it. I do love the photo of her by Stei( I have never been
able to say his name nor spell it. I even have slides of his work
from a show at the Guggenheim in the 7o's somewhere. There is a
great one of Swanson(Steilitz?)I know there is a "G" in there too!
I guess it's too late to hope it will sink in at this point. Please
go easy on the kids who can not retain names and dates, I definitely
sympathize.

If it's not in front of me I can't see it, but if I create it I see
it. Didn't someone say something about what is art? Art is something
which can been seen and felt on the inside and out. It is so
internal that everyone experiences it in different ways. It is the
form into shape of an idea or gesture which finds it's way from your
heart and brain into someone else's heart and brain. It can be felt,
seen tasted, experienced, and does not wear away. Art is the sound
of the rain outside, the light in the sky and the smell of the sea
all into one and formed into your mind. Or when you come in out of
the rain a can of Tomato soup!
astrogirl AKA Sandra S. Barrick