architecture lessons

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ckart (ckupcin)
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:32:25 -0500

Dear Sally

You wrote:
>I also teach elementary school art. We had a 3 - 4 week unit last year on
>Architecture.

Your lessons were fantastic -- thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to
check out the website.

I attended a day long workshop, sponsored by the UNL's College of
Architecture. In addition to learning about our own community, we focused
on the "Walk Around the Block" approach. I like the way you chose a
specific topic for each grade level :)

> Grade 1 - The Old Woman and the Shoe (nursery rhyme)
In the '97May/June issue of School Arts there was a neat Amaco ad of a
"Shoe House" by David Stabley. It would be perfect exemplar for this!!

Thanks

Cheryl