Re: Pizza cardboards

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jerry & Anne Carman-Hendel (hendel)
Mon, 05 Oct 1998 22:36:18

I just use pizza cardboards to make Ofrendas (yarn painting). We studied
the ones made in Mexico where they spread beeswax on wood, warm it in the
sun, and press threads into the wax. I also have an example to show them.
We use yarn and Elmer's. We used traditional subject matter and the results
were wonderful. People who've seen them can't believe the detail the kids
acheived. There are sites on the internet on ofrendas, too.
They could also be used for round weaving or masks.

Anne C-H