Re: Pizza cardboards

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jerry & Anne Carman-Hendel (hendel)
Mon, 05 Oct 1998 22:25:13

I just use pizza cardboards to make Ofrendas (yarn painting). We
studied the ones made in Mexico where they spread beeswax on wood, warm it
in the sun, and press threads into the wax. I also have an example to show
them. We use yarn and Elmer's. We used traditional subject matter and the
results were wonderful. People who've seen them can't believe the detail
the kids acheived. There are sites on the internet on ofrendas, too.
They could also be used for round weaving or masks.