Re: My five year old.....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 05 Oct 1998 19:11:20 -0700

Toulouse95 wrote:

> I don't think they'll be the person stand in an art museum or even in front of
> another student's work and saying,"Even I could have done that!"

Mary Jane,

In my 2D class we work through four phases of art styles, from realistic
to non-objective, in four different media, using Mondrian's work as a
model. They use the same object as subject matter throughout. My
objective is the same: that they'll realize the very abstract or
non-objective work takes a lot of planning and hard work. A lot of them
attempt to use a Vasarely style, but quickly realize those seemingly
pretty colors didn't just come out of a tube. And all that _taping_ to
get the edges just right...

Maggie