Re: disabilities

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Judy Potter (Judy_Potter)
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:35:06 -0500

Try: www.mprojects.wiu.edu/art/
This site features "ArtExpress: a Curriculum for Young Children with
Disabilities" and has many adaptive strategies and ideas for helping children
with disabilities be sucessful. The philosophy is that children with
disabilities are "children first" and that we can build on their strengths, not
their disabilities. Hope you find it helpful.
Judy
JD-Potter
Subject: disabilities
From: "Ricardo Ramirez" <ricardoarted> at Internet
Date: 10/3/98 11:09 AM

Hola!

I am doing a unit plan on emotional behaviors and on disabilities
in the Secondary level. I needed some ideas on a lesson plan to start
off the unit on disabilities and some websites or ideas on where to get
informatin on emotional behaviors. Has anyone out there taught any
students with emotinal beahviors? What is it like? How did you handle
their instruction? How involved were the principal and counselors? I
am an undergraduate learning the ropes, I appreciate any advice!

Thank You!