Re: Judy, starting out

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:45:36 -0400

Hi Judy --
I think the easiest way to begin is not to try to include too much in
lesson plans and curriculum design. When I started I did lessons that I
thought the kids would enjoy, there was a noticeable lack of art history
and art criticism. As the years went on, I learned more about what the
kids needed, and beefed up my original simple plans with references to
history and such. Be sure to be consistent with behavior expectations.
And, don't forget a sense of humor!! Best wishes!
Liz in rural NY

> From: judith eileen mcgrath <jemcgrth>
> To: artsednet.edu
> Cc: artsednet-digest.edu