Re: Picasso Quote

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 20:11:05 -0700

Litesal wrote:

> I agree that teaching and art making are two separate skills. However, I
> think it's a mistake not to share your "artist" self with your students. <snip>

Hi, all,

Has anyone had the experience of students deliberately vandalizing your
work? When I started teaching at the HS, I thought it would be a great
opportunity to work on my own stuff and model the process of making art,
mistakes and all. Unfortunately, it only took two ruined drawings to
make me take my stuff home and not bring it back. I work too damn hard
to have some insecure punk sabotage my work.

Maggie